Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Background Image Problems
posted

I have been doing some research on how to display an image in an UltraGrid cell.  In my scenario I have a bound column of Type int that represents an index into an image list.

Based on this I decided to show the image by setting the cell's background image.  I didn't want to edit the underlying data value or worry about creating a separate unbound column.  The first thing I do is set the style of my column to "Image." This hides the cell text, which is what I want... Image only. Then I set the cell.Appearance.ImageBackground and cell.SelectedAppearance.ImageBackground to the image.  At this point I have two problems that I have not been able to figure out:

1. The active row/cell ends up hiding the background image.  I can't seem to find a "cell.ActiveAppearance" object or something similar to set the image on.  How can I prevent the image from being hidden on the active row?

2. A selected row ends up putting blue highlighting in the image cell.  I can't figure out how to get rid of the highlighting.  I want the image cell to look like all of the others.

Below is a document with a screen shot of the two issues.  Row #9 is unselected and not active.  It looks ok. Row #10 is selected and you can see the blue highlighting.  Row#11 is active and you can see that the image is hidden.

Thanks!

Steve