Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Million Rows Example with conditional formatting
posted

Hi all,

I recently stumbled into the million rows example (virtual mode) for the WinGrid. That example works perfectly fast and reliable.

I my case I need to pull only 200.000 rows from a LinQ DataSource and display them in the WinGrid. Using the example I quickly succeeded in displaying these rows in just a few seconds.

That is where my problem enters the "game".
I need conditional formatting based on the value of a hidden column (0/1) that should result in adding an icon to a cell in each row and in making the row "bold", based on the value (0 = normal + icon1 / 1 = bold + icon2).

My first guess was to add the "checking" to the InitializeRow event of the grid.
The result was quite destructive to the performance.

My second (more desperate guess) was to check all rows after loading and then do the formatting. That also didn't solve the problem and took far too long.

Would you mind to help me figuring out on how to archive my goal using the WinGrid?
Maybe you could post the mentioned example using some conditional formatting as described?
That would be great ;)
Any ideas are kindly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards
Andy

Parents Reply Children
No Data