Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraFormattedTextEditor - Cursor position, and Character spacing
posted

I am using an UltraFormattedTextEditor as a very simple text editor. 
To do this, I have kept it simple.  I have created a control with just a toolbar (with various options), and an UltraFormattedTextEditor that is docked to fill.

I have noticed two problems.  As a line of text gets longer (horizontally across the page):
1. The character spacing becomes squashed
2. The cursor position becomes inaccurate (i.e. instead of the cursor being inbetween two characters, it actually appears on top of a character)

In addition if the user actually uses remote desktop, and launches this control I have created, the cursor position gets even worses (i.e. if it is meant to be between two characters, it actually appears 4 characters away from where text is being inserted).

Is this a bug? Has anyone else noticed this problem?
(I do have a screen shot, but I cant see how I can add an attachment to this post)

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Katie,   

1) I beleive this sort of character squishing is a result of using GDI+ text rendering. Try setting the TextRendingMode to GDI and see if that helps. 

2) The incorrect cursor position is a known bug. You should Submit an incident to Infragistics Developer Support. You can reference issue BR32252. This will get you on the list to be notified when the bug is fixed. I suspect that setting the TextRenderMode may fix this issue,anyway, though. :)

posted

Katie,

Did you use windows toolbar ? I have a same senario, user shuld have a formatting toobar in texteditor.How do you get this working, any idea??

Thanks