Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
InitializeRow not fired -> empty Rows!!!
posted

Hi,

i need a llitle help.    I have a UltraGrid which is bind to a dataSource. because of the complexity of the data items i initialize the rows in the initrializeRow event of the grid. in different time intervalls items are added to the data source and so they are added to the grid too. so far so good. now i click on one header of the grid to order the rows. now the problem appears. if  now a new item is added to the data source  the grid only creates an empty row in the first place. debugging shows that the datasource change event is fired but no longer the initialize row event. so nothing appears in this row, but debugging shows also that the RowObject is set correctly to the new added item.

i hope you can help me with that problem.

best regards 

axel 

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Axel,

I do not understand your question. Sorting a column in the grid has no effect on whether the InitializeRow event fires. If the event has stopped firing, then something else must be going on.

Perhaps you are unhooking the event?

Perhaps you are disabling the event using the EventManager?  

Are you sure the event is not firing? Perhaps it is firing and something inside the event is not getting hit because of a conditional statement in your code?