Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
What Is Best DataSource for Dropdown Checkbox Lists in Grids?
posted

I have a requirement to use a dropdown checkbox list in a grid.  Each cell in this column should display the concatenation of the 'name' field of the checked items in its list.

I have done this before with a good deal of tinkering--see the post "Adding Checkbox List As Dropdown From Text Editor In Grid Cell", towards the bottom.

However, now I have available the new Infragistics CheckedListSettings, and am wondering:  what is considered the 'best practice' for creating and using DataSources for an UltraCombo editor control set as a checkbox list that is assigned to a grid column?  What is the easiest way to use this functionality?  Anything to streamline the current approach (which is onerous) would be helpful.

Thanks,

J

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi J,

I'm not sure I understand the question. The DataSource of the list really doesn't matter all that much. You could use any DataSource you like: A DataTable, DataSet, UltraDataSource, BindingList<T>, List<T>, or any class which implements IList or IBindingList.

When choosing a DataSource for the grid, there are some performance and efficiency concerns, some of which are discussed here:

WinGrid Performance Guide

Wingrid Performance and DataSources - Infragistics Forums

But for the drop down list, there isn't as much of a concern, because it's a flat list with no child bands.

Reply Children