Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tooltip of activex controls
posted

Hi,

In my application I am using some activex controls. These activex controls are placed in a usercontrol and docked in a DockableControlPane.

Some activex controls are grid like controls and in each row it will show tooltip(the description of the row) on mouse over.

The tooltips are showing if these activex controls are placed in an ordinary windows Forms.

My issue is if these activex control is placed inside a DockableControlPane (as explained in first para), the tool tip shows only while the DockableControlPane is in floating and if it is docked the tool tip goes.

Regards,

Ceaser

posted

That seems odd to me. When the dock panes are docked, they are children of the Form. This means that your UserControls and activex controls are also children of the Form, so I can't see what would be different here to make the tooltips not work. Do the tooltips still work if you have a Panel on your Form and then you place the UserControl in that Panel?