Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
User Dictionary
posted

What I'd like to do is provide a specific set of words to the dictionary that pertain to the business of my users.  I want this dictionary to be maintained across all instances of the application so I was thinking of deploying a Global.dict file to a network location. 

Through testing I've noticed that each instance acquires a copy of the UserDictionary which brings about a high probability of a race condition.  So, what I decided to try is provide this set of words separate from the intrinsic dictionary that can be maintained external to the system.  However, when I add the path to the UserDictionary property the users are automatically given permission to add to the file.

1. Is there any way to provide a specific set of buiness terms/words without integrating them into the main dictionary file?
  2. Can I disable the ability for users to add to the User Dictionary in the SpellCheckDialog?