Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Select range of cells by dragging with mouse
posted

Hi,

We have a strange problem. I have plenty of grids in which I can select a range of cells by dragging with the mouse. A colleague is trying to do the same thing, but it just won't work for him. If his cells are editable then clicking to start the drag drops the cell into edit mode. If they are read only then clicking and dragging just changes the active cell. I've compared his setting with mine, but they seem the same. What settings are there that might cause this to behave differently?

Also, my grids with this feature are all read only, but he needs to be able to edit the grid as well. Essentially he wants it behave like excel such that you can always type into the active cell, but you can also click and drag to select a range of cells. Should this be achievable?

Kev

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Kev,

The grid doesn't have a mode like Excel does where you can select a cell by clicking and then automatically enter edit mode when you type.

What you would have to do is set CellClickAction to CellSelect and then handle typing by calling PerformAction to EnterEditMode and then re-send the keystroke to the cell or maybe just set the Text on the editor that comes up when the cell goes into edit mode.

Regarding why it's not selecting a range, the obvious answer would be the SelectTypeCell property on the Override is set to single select (or None).