Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hierarchical generic lists and WinGrid
posted

Hi

I have a hierarchical generic list which I would like to bind to a WinGrid.

I have:

A grouping class for my data List<GroupClass> gc

gc has a children property List<GroupClass> gc

So what i am trying to do is to bind this hierarchy to the WinGrid that would allow users to drill down the levels of the hierarchy.

This would be the first step.

The second is that there are actually 2 other classes. One that holds TIME in the exact same way as the group class: List<TimeClass> tc with children List<TimeClass>.

gc and tc have an infinte depth. for example the tc can have levels like 2009 > Quarter 1 > February > Day etc etc

The third class holds values. <List>ValueClass vc which has as properties gc.ID and tc.ID and a VALUE.

So i would like to be able to drill into the groups, then into the time for the groups down n number of levels to get the vc.VALUE.

Is something like this achievable, are there some pointers that you can give me to maybe get something close to what I am trying to achieve. Does this even make sense?

I understand how to bind data using a dataset and building datarelations. but i would like to bind my class with it's hierarchies directly.

Thanks

Parents Reply Children
No Data