Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Desktop Alert getting hanged whenever we show a Form dialog
posted

Hi,

I have a Forms Authentication dialog being shown inside my application. It works perfrectly fine. but after login If I want to show my Infragistics Desktop Alert, it is gettinig hanged.

I am showing the desktop alert from a separate class \thread and then posting it to the UI context thread from where the alert is being shown.

Has any one else got the same issue? If yes, please let us know the solution\workaround?

We are using .Net Windows application and 2007 Volume 3 version of Infragistics.

Thanks in advance

posted

Hi vj_g,

I recently came across this thread and noticed that it was unanswered. Windows Forms controls, including those that are produced by Infragistics, are not thread safe. If this issue still persists for you, are you able to provide a small sample of your application? perhaps I may be able to find a work-around that does not involve a separate thread approach.

Please let me know if you have any questions, regarding this issue.

Sincerely,

Chris K

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

www.infragistics.com/support