Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Grid Sort Indicator
posted

Here is my situation.

In the ultragrid implementation we have written, we have the HeaderClickAction set to SortMulti so that the user can sort by multiple columns.  This works great.  However, customers have reported to us the need to be able to visually see the sort hierarchy.  In other words, if the user sorted first by column A, then B, then C, there is no way visually to see the sorting is done in that order based upon the sort indicators.

The only solution I see to this is to implement a creation filter that prevents the stock sort indicator from being created and implement my own indicator in it's place.  But before I go down this road I thought it worth asking if anyone else has implemented a solution to this problem (or if maybe there is something native in the component that would accomplish what I'm trying to do).

It seems like anyone who has SortMulti turned on would have run into this situation before.

Thanks in advance

Chris Rowland