Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to recognize a modified value
posted

Hi,

is it possible to track if the user modified a value in an editor field? I know that there is the valuechanged Event but this would mean that I have to save the initial value for all my fields and have to compare it then with the actual value and I also would have to save the state of every field.

What I`m searching for is something like a property "modified" - if it is true I know the user entered the field and changed the value (maybe he changed it even back to the original one) - if it is false I know the user didn't even touch the field.

Is this possible or is there another way in doing this?

thank you

Klemens

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Klemens,

There's nothing in the controls themselves that keeps track of the original values. How would the control even know what was the "original" value, anyway? 

If the controls are bound, then the data source may track this kind of thing. Like a DataTable keeps track of unsaved changes. 

Children
No Data