Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
excel export with multilevel row grid
posted

I have a ultragrid grouped by a column named "category" and with 75 other columns, i put 25 columns in each row (3 level) by setting the Groups and Levelcount, I also have group summary displaying on the top InGroupByRows (3 level rows), on screen it looks fine, but when i export to excel using the ultragridexcelexport, below is the problem i have:

1. It does not come up as 3 level rows, all 75 columns comes in a single row.

2. Header does not appear at the very top in excel sheet, it appears only under each group (so its show only when you drill down the group) But on the screen it shows only at the top not inside each group row start.

Please help.

Thanks.

Bala

Note: I am using Infragistics version 8.1, if the problem listed above works in a later version, i can upgrade it, but wanted to know if this feature is available or not.

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Bala,

Bala said:
    1. It does not come up as 3 level rows, all 75 columns comes in a single row.

The exporting of groups and levels is not supported in the version you are using. I believe this was added in a later version, perhaps v9.1 or v9.2, I'm not exactly sure. You might be able to achieve what you want using v8.1 by setting up your grid to use RowLayouts instead of Groups and Levels and it would export as you see it on the screen. But then you would lose group support, so that might not be a good solution for you.

Bala said:
    2. Header does not appear at the very top in excel sheet, it appears only under each group (so its show only when you drill down the group) But on the screen it shows only at the top not inside each group row start.

I'm not sure about this. This sounds like it might be a bug, or it might just not be supported in the version you are using. v8.1 is no longer being updated, so either way, getting this to work would require you to upgrade to the latest version.

You might want to just download the latest trial version and test it out to see if either or both of these issues are corrected. The versions are independent, so installed a trial of the latest version will not have any effect on your existing projects.

Reply Children
No Data