Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
[Solved] UltraGrid ValueList not applied immediately
posted

Dear Infragistics & Community,

I've been developing with the UltraGrid for some time now and I am really satisfied with both the quality of the controls and the large user base and community with many answers.

Today I've found a problem I couldn't solve:

I have an ultra grid with the following columns (and more, but they are not important)

Entity Level 1, Entity Level 2, Entity Level 3

The values are restricted, and the user should only choose from a predefined set of items, using a ValueList.
The only problem is that only Entity Level 1's ValueList is fixed, i.e. common for all rows.
The value list for Entity Level 2 depends on the selected value in the Entity Level 1 column and the same for Entity Level 3. 

I've found that value lists can be bound to a single cell.  And that's exactly what I do: I apply the Value Lists after the data has been bound to the data source.  Note that I have pre-existing data to enter in the grid before the user is allowed any interaction.

What I would expect is that the ultragrid automagically converts the values of the cells to the value corresponding found in the ValueList, so that it converts the Text of the cell to the underlying identifier, and together with that install a light-weight combo-box element that I'm used to with the Value List.

The problem is: only the fixed value list works (Entity Level 1).  Entity Level 2 and 3 remain the same, without any drop down UI.

Note that whenever a value is UPDATED (AfterCellUpdate event), the valuelist for the next cell is built and bound to that cell.  Even with this extra handling, it doesn't work yet.

Any idea on what could be my problem?

Thanks,

SabbeRubbish