Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDateTimeEditor control...
posted

I'm running into a problem when I try to assign a System.DateTime object to the UltraDateTimeEditor control...  Specifically, it's crying about the fact that the system date is 1/1/0001 which apparently is less than the minimum value supported by the control. 

My first question is, WHO would create a control that wouldn't accept the Minimum value of a date as defined by the .net system that the control was designed to be used with?  To say that that's stupid is putting extremely mildly. 

But letting that go for the moment, I assume there must be some clever property setting or something built into the control to handle this issue that, unfortunately, I just can't seem to find.  So my question is, what is Infragistics secret on how to handle this issue?  And PLEASE, don't tell me I'm supposed to intercept, test, and replace the standard .net system NO DATE (i.e. min date value) with the Infragistics min acceptable date value. 

Finally, I absolutely can't believe that ANYBODY would create a Date data type that wouldn't accept 0 (i.e. 00/00/0000) as a valid value.  That's just @!#$R%T^& STUPID.   Thanx for letting me get that off my chest.

Parents Reply Children
No Data