Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraComboEditor with data binding only seems to work one-way
posted

I want to use the UltracomboEditor to replace .NET's ComboBox. I'm also using a BindingSource as the datasource of all my controls.

In the attached test application there's a .NET Combobox, an UltraCombo and an UltracomboEditor. The last two have the SyncWithCurrencyManager property = false. I also have an UltraGrid and a label. All controls are bound to the same BindingSource.

If I run the app, you can see all controls displaying the first item in the list, except for the UltraComboEditor. If you select a different item in the grid all controls change, except the UltraComboEditor. Now if you use that editor to select a different item yo see changes in all other controls.

In a nutshell, the UltraComboEditor affects all other controls, but the opposite is not true. I thought the UltraComboEditor replaces .NET's ComboBox, but it looks like the UltraCombo is the right way to go.

What am I missing?

ComoboxDataBindingTest.zip
Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

oscarmorasu said:
    In the attached test application there's a .NET Combobox, an UltraCombo and an UltracomboEditor. The last two have the SyncWithCurrencyManager property = false.

Just to clarify, the sample here has SyncWithCurrencyManager on both UltraCombo and UltraComboEditor set to true, not false. I assume that was just a type in your post. :)

Anyway, this looks like a bug to me. I'm going to forward this thread over to Infragistics Developer Support so they can write it up and get it looked at.

Reply Children
No Data