Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How can i disable text changing on dropdowned combo when scrolling row?
posted

Hi, 

I am using UltraCombo as EditorControl in UltraGrid. When UltraCombo's DropDown control is open, ActiveRow is changed by user with arrow keys on keyboard, UltraCombo's text is changing. But i don't want to change text. How can i disable text changing?

Purpose of doing this, user changes ActiveRow but doesnt want to select this item. Using Escape key, user CloseUp and user wants to return the original value.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

First... why use an UltraCombo as the EditorControl of a grid cell? If you want to provide a dropdown in a grid cell, the best way to do it is to use a ValueList or UltraDropDown. Using an EditorControl is inefficient - unless you have some reason to do so, like you are using a DataFilter or EditorButtons.

Aside from that, I'm not sure I understand your question. You are saying that the UltraCombo's Text is changing? Why does this matter? If the UltraCombo is used in the grid cell, then the UltraCombo itself will service every row in the grid. You can't use this control on the form, as well. It should not even be visible on the form.

Or do you mean the text in the grid cell is changing?