Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Row Edit template not updating the datasource
posted

Using VS2008, Infra Win Form 9.1 with all hotfixes.

Did the rowedit template example in the local documnetation following the directions.

Created the datasource and created the rowedit template per the directions. Used the fefaults given in the local documentation

the template opens up fine, can edit a text box and click the OK button. The grid shows the changes, but when I stop (exit out of)  the app and go back in, the changes are not there. I tried this in VS2005 as well -- same result.

this should work with the grid datasource setup exactly as the local help file for binding to a flat file

Oh, I am running Vista so I suspect something there maybe the real issue

Any ideas?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

The RowEditTemplate and the WinGrid so not update the back end data source. They only work with the local DataSource. So if you are binding your grid to a DataTable, for example, the grid only updates the local DataTable. The interaction between the DataTable and the back end (the database) is something you need to handle in your code - the grid cannot have any effect there.

Typically, if you are using a DataTable, you would use the DataAdapter class to push the updates to the back end. I'm sure Microsoft's documentation discusses the matter in much greater detail.

Reply Children
No Data