Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
IGroupByEvaluator question
posted

Hello

I have an UntraWinGrid (Infragistics v9.1, WinForms) and I would like to have the following functionality when I perform a GroupBy:

For whatever column I do the GroupBy, I want to not include a specific row in the grouped rows. The specific row has the column named "Description" with value being "CASH". I.e., the row containing the text "CASH" in the "Description" column, I want it excluded from the groupby and shown at the top of the grid as a normal row.

Is there any way I can do this using my own GroupByEvaluator that implements IGroupByEvaluator?

Many thanks in advance,

Kostas.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Yes and no...I think row grouping is an all-or-nothing proposition, that is, once row grouping is in effect, you can't have rows outside of a group. What you could do, however, is add an UltraGridGroupByRow that holds only this specific row, and use the IGroupByEvaluator.DoesGroupContainRow method to make it appear in that group.

Note that there is a WinExplorerBar sample (OutlookExplorer) that utilizes this to emulate MS Outlook's grouping metaphor as seen in the Mail view, which you can refer to for guidance.