Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Splitter drag style?
posted

Hello, I'm probably missing something obvious here but is there anyway way to change the Splitter Bar Drag Style on the UltraDockManager? I've found the DrawWindowStyle property but I can't seem to find anything for the splitter bar. The reason I ask is because I have an OpenGL form with some panels on the sides, with the default drag style if you drag the splitter bar over the OpenGL form there are some graphical glitches on Windows Vista. I beleive this is due to the fact that GDI usage over 3D accelerated regions is incompatible with Windows Aero.

It is trying to do XOR rendering over the OpenGL window which just doesn't work and leaves a nasty trace behind. If possible I would like to have something that does not use XOR rendering, for example something that just resizes the windows as you drag as you see in Visual Studio 2008 when you split your code window into 2.

If this doesn't exist, is there any way I can override the default behaviour and implement a custom drag window? If I could just get the drag splitter to render in a solid color (e.g. black) instead of XOR that would be good enough for me.

Thanks in advance,

Martin.

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Martin,

I have tested this out with Microsoft controls only and it seems that this issue is not in our controls. Maybe it is based of the Operation System that you are using so you could ask Microsoft about this behavior and if there is anything that you could. I am also attaching the sample that uses Microsoft Windows Forms controls.

Please let me know if there is anything that I could do for you

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any additional assistance.

SplitterMSControlsOnly.zip
Children
No Data