Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
designer problem
posted

Hi,

I am upgrading my projects to the version9.1.

the projects are being upgraded successfully, and when i build it's working fine.

My problem is when i try to go to the designer of the form, i am getting the following error many times.

Object of type 'Infragistics.Win.Appearance' cannot be converted to type 'Infragistics.Win.AppearanceBase'.
Hide    

at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.SetValue(Object component, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

i checked the licence and i found that it's referencing to the version 5.3 (which is also installed on my pc)

is there a way to enforce the use of version 9.1?

ps: i already had this problem when i was using version 8.1 also. i always had to close the project after debugging and then reopening it.

Parents
    posted

The general solution to this problem is to clear out the contents of the licenses.licx file, and possibly delete the contents of the bin\obj directories.  In most cases, it happens to be the licenses file that is causing the designer to try to load multiple versions of the assemblies, however.

-Matt

Reply Children
No Data