Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ToolBox Utility Tip
posted

Just thought I add my two cents to the posts about problems getting the Infragistics2.ToolBoxUtility to run sucessfully.  Seems like everytime I do an upgrade to the new version of the NetAdvantage controls I have major problems getting this tool to run correctly. I have both VS 2005 and VS 2008 installed. Seems like I was having problems this time mostly with VS 2008, but I have had installation problems before with just VS 2005.  First ran the utility using: Infragistics2.ToolBoxUtility /v 9.1.   That ran successfully, but I did not have the 9.1 Winform controls in VS 2008, though they existed in VS 2005. Attempting to run: Infragistics2.ToolBoxUtility /v /t:9 9.1 would install only the ASP.NET controls, but would fail at the end with an error (some COM exeception, sorry, no longer have that log file).

Finally I tried the command:Infragistics2.ToolBoxUtility 9.1 (notice no extra switches), and everything installed PERFECTLY.  All the tools now exist in both version of VS. 

THIS TOOL SHOULD NOT BE SO FINICKY . I really wish Infragistics would take a good hard review of this tool and fix it. 

For me, for now life is good...until the next release.

Hope this helps.

posted

Hello ,

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate every feedback from our customers, because it help us to improve, upgrade our components, based on our customer’s needs.
    From Infragistics 9.1 to Infragistics 11.1 we made and implemented many improvements, based on our customer feedback and now we have one pretty good and useful  ToolBoxUtility.
    We are reviewing all feedback from our customers and with every next volume we upgrade and improve our components and we will keep doing this for our customers. We are "open minded" for every feedback and we will do our best to meet our customer’s needs.

Thank you for using Infragistics Component.