Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MultiSelect Combo in WinGrid
posted

Hi!

I have a requirement in which i have to implement multiselect dropdown for a Ultragrid Column Cell.

I browsed through the How TO articles and other articles and got to know that there is no direct/standard functionality that can be used for this and the best way to implement this will be using UltraTextEditor with a DropdownButton which will in turn will use another UltraGrid to display the dropdown.

I was able to implement this to an extent but got stuck to implement the following features:

1. User should be only able to select value from the dropdown and not edit it using keyboard or Mouse-RightClick Context menu. This mode of solution uses a UltraTextEditor .So,it allows users to enter data(using Mouse or Keyboard) in the active Cell.I cannot make this Readonly also as this will not allow the dropdown button to trigger.

Request you to guide me achieve this such that the user can  select the value for the cell from the Dropdownlist only and NOT with KeyPress or Mouse context menu(copy/cut/paste).

2. I want the dropdown to display whenever the user clicks anywhere in the cell and not only on the dropdown button.I guess if i succeed to achieve this,i can overcome the above mentioned problem(point 1) also as the focus will go to the dropdown grid.Please let me know if we can implement this...It will be a great thing to do.

-  I also tried to implement this functionality using an ultraCombo and binding its ValueList to a DataTable(which contains 2 columns ... one of CheckBox type and the other column containing the actual Value).But i got stuck in this method also [ :( ] when i tried make the valuelist to allow multiple selection OR allow the user to tick multiple checkbox items in the list to make selection.Is there anyway to make this valuelist EDITABLE which will allow the users to make multiple selections.

Please help me to proceed further in this and ofcourse it will be a gr8 learning for me when make this working perfectly....This is my first work :)

Thanks for your help in advance...