Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraTree + OutlookExpress Style + Columns = bad cursor navigation
posted

Hi,

i need a simple way to have a tree of data that could be edited by the user. Each node (on each level of the tree) has 3 columns with data. Just like this:

description ------ Additional text ---------- yes/no
+----- description of node2 ---------- add.text node2 ----------- yes/no
.............+--------- desc. of node 2.1 ---------- addtext node 2.1----------- yes/no
+----- description of node3 ---------- add.text node2 ----------- yes/no
+----- description of node4 ---------- add.text node2 ----------- yes/no

Just like a 3 column-grid with hierarchical data.

Now, this works with the UltraTree + a ColumSet. To have the Header just once i can use the OutlookExpress style.

This way i'm adding nodes and subnodes and it looks just fine.

BUT:

now if you select the first node you cannot move down to the next node with CursorDown. It seems, that now Cursor Up/Down is jumping only to sibling nodes (nodes at the same level). This Tree doesn't behave like a tree anymore!

I can see the Newsreader Example. Here it works like expected but: This example uses a dataset (maybe it works because of that?) and it doesn't allow editing of the cell-data (mabe it works because of that?)

Question:

How can i build a Tree with Columns and hierarchical data while at the same time let it behave like a tree? Cursor up/down should move thru all expanded Nodes on all levels. Mabe Cursor left/right should collapse/expand the nodes.

But i need to edit the data in the cells - so maybe left/right is blocked for moving thru the cells (but it would be nice to change that for example to ENTER or TAB for special cases)

Thanks a lot

Parents Reply Children
No Data