Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem dynamically creating popup menu with MDIMergable=True
posted

I have an UltraToolbarsManager on an MDI child that I'm using to design popup context menus. One item of the popup menu is a submenu that I want to populate at runtime. I add a tool to the manager for each item I want to add, add it to the popup menu and show the menu using ShowPopup(). However the displayed menu doesn't contain any of the items that I have added.

I have finally worked out that it is because the MDIMergable property of the toolbar is set to true (the default), if I set this property to false then the menu is displayed with the correct items.

Obviously the simple solution is to add two toolbar managers to the form, one for the merged menu and another for the context menus. However I would like to understand this behaviour, especially as I've wasted quite some time to figure it out. It would be helpful if this was documented somewhere (if it is already I couldn't find it...)

Thanks

Martin