Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Selecting mulitple cells in Wingrid
posted

I have a windows grid that will not allow mulitple selection on editable columns with the mouse drag. The columns that are uneditable are wokring fine. When hold the left mouse buttin down, I can select multple cells on the columns that are not editable. Why does it not behave the same for the columns that are editable? Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

My guess is that when you MouseDown on a cell that is editable, the cell goes into edit mode and dragging then selects the text in the cell, rather than the cell itself.

So which one do you want? If you don't want the cell to go into edit mode on a single click, then you can probably change this using the CellClickAction property.

Or, if you want to keep the cells entering edit mode on one click, I think you can CTRL+CLICK on the cell to select it without entering edit mode.

Children
No Data