Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Checkbox value changed (by copy/paste)
posted

Hi

I know that when a user updates a checkbox cell, the data doesn't automatically get updated until the cell loses focus. To get around this, I tie into the CellChange event, and call UpdateData() to force the data to update.

My question is: If the user is doing a lot of updates to checkbox's, so they are copying/pasting (copying a 'checked' cell, then copying the checked value to 20 other checkbox cells, so they don't need to click each cell individually) the CellChange event is not triggering for all those cells that got pasted to. Is there something else I can do to catch these new values?

Thanks

Offline posted

Hello,

You can use AfterCellUpdate for this purpose. AfterCellUpdate will fire for each cell that is changed. If you would prefer to update the data source only once, AfterPerformAction is a better event. AfterPerformAction will fire once after the paste operation has completed.

Please let me know if you have any  further questions for me.