Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Suspending UltraComboEditor updates from bound data source changes
posted

I am using an UltraComboEditor that is bound to BindingSource this is in turn bound to a DataTable in a DataSet.  In some situations my application needs to insert 4000 - 5000 rows into the underlying data table.  When I don't have any controls bound to the data table the row inserts occurs in well less then .1 second.  With just the UltraComboEditor bound (via the binding source) the row inserts take multiple minutes.  My code calls the SuspendBinding method on the binding source and sets the RaiseListChangeEvents property to false but that has no impact.  Also, calling the UltraComboEditor's BeginUpdate method before inserting rows doesn't have a significant impact.  When I break all in the debugger I can see from the call stack that a CurrencyManager is raising an OnItemChanged event which an Infragistics.Win.BindableValueList is subscribed.  Is there anything else I can do to keep the UltraComboEditor from updating for every row insert? 

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

The easiest thing that comes to mind is to set the UltraComboEditor's DataSource to null before inerting the rows, then set it back after the population is complete.

Reply Children
No Data