Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Cell Activation
posted

I have some columns in a grid with the CellActivation property set to NoEdit.  However I would like to override this property for certain rows.  For certain rows I want this cell to be editable.  row.Cells[column].Activation = Activation.AllowEdit does not work when the column.CellActivation property is NoEdit.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

posted

You just set CellClickAction.

If you want to read only.

grid.DisplayLayout.Override.CellClickAction = CellClickAction.RowSelect;

else

grid.DisplayLayout.Override.CellClickAction = CellClickAction.Default;

posted in reply to Todd

Thanks

Verified Answer
    posted

Ordinarily, the cell's activation setting is set the most restrictive of the activation states provided by 1) the row, 2) the column, 3) the cell itself.  So if any of these are set to disabled, then the cell will be disabled no matter what the cell's own activation setting is set to.  (This is what you are seeing.)

Fortunately for you, there is a way around this.   The cell has a IgnoreRowColActication setting.  If this is set to true, then the row and column settings are ignored and only the cell's own settings are used. 

So you just need to set this property to true on the few cells you want to override.