Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to Display Empty rows in edit mode
posted

Hi,

I have grid with one band with 12 columns and 3 groups. The columns are added at Level 0 in each group. This is done in  design time.

when application is running,ultragrid doesnot display empty rows in edit mode.On setting empty row property displays rows, but they are not in edit mode. Also the cell click action is set to allowedit.

So how can I display empty rows in edit mode. Appreciate a reply.

(N.B: Grid datasource is not set. On setting that to a table removes column level groupin)

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi,

I'm afraid I do not understand your question. I think you might be mixing up the terminology here. EmptyRows is a feature where the grid shows empty rows that fill the rest of the space after the real data rows are displayed. Empty rows are not UI interactive and can never enter edit mode.

Also, the grid cannot be used without a DataSource. It must have a DataSource in order to function. If you lose your layout when you are assigning the DataSource to the grid, then you are probably not assigning a data source that matches the structure you created at design-time. All of the keys of the bands and columns must match exactly. You also have to use the SetDataBinding method, rather than setting the DataSource or DataMember properties directly. This KB article goes into more detail about how to do this:

HOWTO:How can I define columns in the grid at Design-time and bind them at run-time so that some fields of the data are excluded from the grid?

Reply Children
No Data