Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to display a tooltip for a CellButton
posted

Hi,

I added a cellbutton to my wingrid using column.Style = UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.EditButton. Now I want to add a tooltip for the cellbutton.How can I do this. I could not find a tooptip property...

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

Michael

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Michael,

There's no tooltip property for this - or for most sub-objects in a grid or other control. What you would typically do when you want to show a tooltip for part of a control like this is trap the MouseMove event of the control and change the tooltip dynamically based on the position of the mouse.

The only slighly tricky part of this is determining when the mouse is over the button. You would do this using the ElementFromPoint method. There are lots of articles with samples of this technique in the Infragistics Knowledge Base. Do a search for "ElementFromPoint".

You might also want to check out the Infragistics UIElementViewer Utility. It's a big help when working with UIElements.