Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
embed user control in UltraExplorerBar Group
posted

Hi,
Is it possible to embed a user control in a group in the explorer bar?

I am trying to create a window pane with a few groups on it.  Each group is basically a tree of items, but then they have some "tool" to go along with them, such as a text box and button to search through, or a combo box to use for a setting on some item in the tree.

An example user control would be a tree, with a text box and button under it.  Right now, I have a tabControl with a few tabs on it, and one of these user controls on each of the tabs.  I'd really like to get away from the tabs because I use the UltraDockManager - it adds another "layer" of tabs that is just confusing.

I would really love to be able to display my user controls in a layout like the explorer bar set to ListBar style and Office2007 viewstyle.  If I could embed my user control inside each group (rather than having tabs), I could accomplish what I need to.  Or, if I could use the built-in tree for items to replace my tree in my usercontrol, but still be able to add the other "tools" (textbox and button), that would work too.

I haven't used this control before so I'm not familiar with it.  If this is not possible with this control, does anyone have any suggestions for controls to try?

Any help is appreciated!

~Karen

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Set the UltraExplorerBar.GroupSettings.Style property to 'ControlContainer' to make all groups support this, or the UltraExplorerBarGroup.Settings.Style property for an individual group.

Children
No Data