Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Possible to just merge the menu and not the toolbar?
posted

Hi,

I have a MDI form with a menu bar and a toolbar. Then I have a MDI child form with a menu bar and a toolbar. What I want to achieve is the following:
The child menu bar shall be merged with the MDI form, but not the child toolbar (in a tabbed MDI GUI the child form toolbar shall have its own toolbar below the tabs, but its menu commands are found merged into the main menu of the application),

Note that I still want to use the same tools for the child menu and tool bar.

Regards

Tomas.

Parents
No Data
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Tomas,

Unfortunately, the UltraToolbarsManager does not provide the ability to allow/prohibit merging on a per toolbar basis. If you would like to see this functionality exposed in a future release. I would recommended entering a feature request so it can be prioritized by our product management.

To achieve the desired behavior using the current design of the UltraToolbarsManager, you will need to use two UltraToolbarsManager components on the child form. The first one should be put on the form itself, and contain menu with tools which are to be merged to the main MDI parent form. For the second UltraToolbarsManager, you will need to place a Panel on the child form. This panel should be Docked to "Fill", and hold all the controls that were originally on the child form. The second UltraToolbarsManager can be dropped onto the form/panel, and have its DockWithinContainer set to the Panel. This UltraToolbarsManager should contain all the toolbars and tools you want to remain on the child form.

If you have already designed all the Menus, Toolbars and Tools in a single UltraToolbarsManager, you can use the Save/Load functionaliy to copy all the Toolbars/Tools from one UltraToolbarsManager to another.

If you have any further questions regarding this functionality, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Chris.

Children
No Data