Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
The namespace '[ProjectName].Properties' already contains a definition for 'Resources'
posted

I converted the files in my Visual Studio 2005 project to the Visual Studio 2008 format.  I used the Infragistics Upgrade utility to upgrade to version 2008v3 of Infragistics.  I have not been able to successfully build my project.  I have 4 errors that reference the  '[ProjectName].Properties' file.  This is what the Properties file contains:
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// <auto-generated>
// This code was generated by a tool.
// Runtime Version:2.0.50727.1826
//
// Changes to this file may cause incorrect behavior and will be lost if
// the code is regenerated.
// </auto-generated>
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------
namespace RMSTestWithLogin.Properties {
using System;

// This class was auto-generated by the StronglyTypedResourceBuilder
// class via a tool like ResGen or Visual Studio.
// To add or remove a member, edit your .ResX file then rerun ResGen
// with the /str option, or rebuild your VS project.
[global::System.CodeDom.Compiler.GeneratedCodeAttribute("System.Resources.Tools.StronglyTypedResourceBuilder", "2.0.0.0")]

[
global::System.Diagnostics.DebuggerNonUserCodeAttribute()]

[
global::System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGeneratedAttribute()]

internal class Resources
 {

private static global::System.Resources.ResourceManager resourceMan;
private static global::System.Globalization.CultureInfo resourceCulture;

[
global::System.Diagnostics.CodeAnalysis.SuppressMessageAttribute("Microsoft.Performance", "CA1811:AvoidUncalledPrivateCode")]

internal Resources() {  }

[global::System.ComponentModel.EditorBrowsableAttribute(global::System.ComponentModel.EditorBrowsableState.Advanced)]

internal
static global::System.Resources.ResourceManager ResourceManager {

get 
{
if (object.ReferenceEquals(resourceMan, null))
{
global::System.Resources.ResourceManager temp = new global::System.Resources.ResourceManager("RMSTestWithLogin.Properties.Resources", typeof(Resources).Assembly);

resourceMan = temp;

}

return

resourceMan;

}

}

[

global::System.ComponentModel.EditorBrowsableAttribute(global::System.ComponentModel.EditorBrowsableState.Advanced)]

internal
static global::System.Globalization.CultureInfo Culture {

get {
  return resourceCulture;
}

set {
  resourceCulture =
value;
}

}

}

}

These are the 4 (related) errrors:
1.) The namespace 'RMSTestWithLogin.Properties' already contains a definition for 'Resources' C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RMS Maintenance Tool\Properties\Resources.Designer.cs"
2.) "Ambiguity between 'RMSTestWithLogin.Properties.Resources.resourceMan' and 'RMSTestWithLogin.Properties.Resources.resourceMan' C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RMS Maintenance Tool\Properties\Resources.Designer.cs"
3.) "Ambiguity between 'RMSTestWithLogin.Properties.Resources.resourceCulture' and 'RMSTestWithLogin.Properties.Resources.resourceCulture' C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RMS Maintenance Tool\Properties\Resources.Designer.cs"
4.) "Ambiguity between 'RMSTestWithLogin.Properties.Resources.resourceCulture' and 'RMSTestWithLogin.Properties.Resources.resourceCulture' C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RMS Maintenance Tool\Properties\Resources.Designer.cs"

I don't know how to resolve these ambiguity errors.  Help?

Chris 

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello cpalko,

In such cases, what you would have to verify is if your application is referencing more than one Infragistics assembly from different versions. Windows forms application should point only to the same version of the dlls in order for application to compile and run correctly. After the upgrade could you please verify if the application is pointing to the new version of Infragistics' assemblies?
    One more thing that you would have to verify is the content of the licenses.licx file and is containing only the references to the new version and probably you would have to clear its content. After that you could clean and rebuild your application and it should work properly.

Please note, we are making efforts to ensure all posts are addressed by an Infragistics expert. We believe that the other community members could benefit from this thread as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any additional assistance.