Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Use a custom font for a particular column (privateFontCollection)
posted

Hi,

I have created my own font to display some data in an ultragrid column. This font has been addded to a privateFontCollection (a class instance member), as described at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y505zzfw(VS.80).aspx 

I wanted to use the standard font for the entire ultraGrid, exept for this particular column.  When I set the FontData.Name property to my Font name, nothing happen. In fact, only system installed fonts names causes the font data to change.

I searched around and found that the only way to display data with my font is to create a font object based on the privateFontCollection fontFamily object and to assign this font object to the UltraGrid's Font property. But when I set it, all the UltraGrid strings are displayed with the custom font.To avoid that, I stored the original UltraGrid font and reassign all FontData properties (exept for the column that uses custom font) with the common font properties. This is a tricky workaround...

I wanted to know if there is an easy way to use a custom font for an entire column, and only for that column.

Thanks

Rico 

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hi Rico,

The grid doesn't have any way to access your PrivateFontCollection. You could apply the font to the entire grid and then apply a different font to everyother column and all of the headers, but I can understand how this would not be ideal.

The best I can recommend if that you submit this to Infragistics as a feature request. Perhaps we can expose a way for the FontData to initialize itself from a Font object, rather than a name like it does now.

Request a Feature or Component

Children
No Data