Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How do I not allow entire row to be selected?
posted

Hi Again-

I am trying to learn the WinGrid controls for an application I am writing. The behavior I would like is when you click a particular cell, only that cell becomes hilighted (not the entire row, or entire column). I somehow achieved this playing with one of the examples (by copying the windows form designer overrides in) and it works great! However, if I load a style by using ...StyleManager.Load("office2007.isl"), when I click on a cell, the entire row becomes hilighted (orange) instead of just the cell. I guess I'm just looking for the property that I can set after the StyleManager.Load method is called that will tell the grid not to select/hilight the entire row.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Parents
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

My guess is that the isl you are using an applying an Appearance to the Active Row - not Selecting the row. The ActiveRow is the current row in the grid and there can be only one. There can be multiple selected rows and it's important to understand the distinction.

If you want to turn this off, you will need to modify the isl file using Infragistics AppStylist and turn off the styling for the active row. Open the isl in AppStylist and go to the grid canvas. Mouse over a row in the grid and you will see the roletips. Press the number that corresponds to the UltraGridRow. On the bottom you will see tabs that show all the possible states and there should be one there for the Active state. You can clear out the properties on this state and then save the isl.

Reply Children
No Data