Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Gantt Chart questions
posted

I am attempting to use Win Chart for a Gantt Chart-style display of personnel schedules. I have one primary issue.

My x-axis labels, formatted as date and time are giving odd values such as 02-26-2009 1:18 PM. I want to only display times that are on the hour. I have no clue how to do this.

Or even if I could control what the start time and end times of the grid as a whole are and then set the number of labels I want to display, that would work.

Please help.

Thank you.

Offline posted

The chart typically uses smart axis tickmarks, but they won't be exactly on the hour if the total range is small enough (less than 1 day). Check to see if you're using smart axis:

ultraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkStyle = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.AxisTickStyle.Smart;

You can also set the interval manually along with the start and end dates:

ultraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkStyle = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.
    AxisTickStyle.DataInterval;
    ultraChart1.Axis.X.RangeMin =
    DateTime.Parse("2/26/2009").Ticks;
    ultraChart1.Axis.X.RangeMax =
    DateTime.Parse("3/1/2009").Ticks;
    ultraChart1.Axis.X.RangeType = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.
    AxisRangeType.Custom;
    ultraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkIntervalType = Infragistics.UltraChart.Shared.Styles.
    AxisIntervalType.Hours;
    ultraChart1.Axis.X.TickmarkInterval = 12;