Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
SaveAsXML and LoadFromXML between versions of Infragistics WinGrid
posted

I'm in the process of upgrading our billing system from Infragistics 5.3 in .NET 1.1 to Infragistics 7.3 in .NET 2.0.

I've built a beautiful View system that persists the DisplayLayout (from the Grid as a string in XML), view name, view scope and other parameters to a database column and this has worked well... until the upgrade.

The XML generated by the SaveAsXML must include references to the specific assemblies, as when I attempt the (to deserialize the output from SaveAsXML) I get the following exception:

"Unable to find assembly 'Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.v5.3, Version=5.3.20053.50, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb'."

Is there any way around this?  I am yet to test this with BOTH the .NET 2.0 v7.3 grid and .NET 1.1 v5.3 grid assemblies in the same directory (just in case this provided the access) but I expect if SaveAsXML and LoadFromXML are version specific (ie. encoding the specific assembly into the XML) that my efforts of testing this will be wasted anyways.

If this is the correct behaviour then I'll have to review how I persist the display layout between the grids to try to make it version independant (unless I can submit this as a feature request... hint hint).

Thanks for any assistance that can be provided.  In the mean time we may just need to use the view system to manually recreate the look & feel of the views saved (a bit of a pain, but not a show-stopper).

Offline posted

Hi Andrew,

The XML files should not be version-specific. But I know there have been some bugs in the past that caused problems like this. I recommend that you submit the issue to Infragistics Developer Support. If you can include the original saved xml file and then an application with a grid using the same data source that it could be loaded into.