Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Customizing summaries - by group
posted

Hi

I want to be able to customize column summaries depending on how the user has grouped the data.

Here's an example: I have many columns that the user can group by, and about 40 columns that have summaries on them (these 40 columns are based on time, like weeks, months, etc).

If the user groups by a specific column (lets say Column #1), I want to be able to create different summary types (Sum, Average, Count) based on the group value (based on the value in Column #1).

So if Column #1 had row values like 'Green', 'Blue', 'Orange', I would want the summary types for my summary columns to be:

Green: Sum

Blue: Average

Orange: Count

Is there any way to do this? If not, do you have any suggestions to try to do something like this?

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Grouping is tightly tied to sorting. So you could handle the AfterSortChange event of the grid and change the summaries however you like. AfterSortChange will fire any time the user changes the grouping. 

Children
No Data