Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Debug suggestions, please?
posted

We're using a bound binding list which contains other binding lists - so the data in the grid is in parent rows with child rows.  Both are custom lists.  We've bound the parent list directly to the grid's datasource.  I am able to reproduce an issue where the contents of the grid rows actually do not match the contents of the list (when the list is still bound). 

First, I'd like to confirm with the experts that this is not supposed to happen, and that if this happens, I'm chasing a bug. 

Second, I'm hoping you might have seen such issues previously, and have suggestions on where or how I should look for that bug. The failure is silent - no exceptions or errors raised anywhere.  Is there perhaps a diagnostic or debug or logging mode I could use to see if there's an error occuring in the grid code related to this issue?

A couple of additional clues are that this error only occurs when the child lists shrink - when items are removed.  And I have found that the workaround of explicitly refreshing the rows collection by reloading the data corrects the issue. 

Parents
No Data
    posted

Hi,

Seems like the binding list implementation may not be raising proper notifications. Every time an item is changed, added, removed etc..., the IBindingList's ListChanged event needs to be raised. That's how the bound controls like UltraGrid know that something changed in the list.

Hope this helps,

Sandip 

Children
No Data