Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Architecture Question...
posted

Ok here is the deal, we allow multiple forms to be opened at once.  If a user deletes an entity in one form that is being used by another form we have to refresh the other form.  Now since there are about 15 forms in our application and all 15 can be opened at once you can then imagine the matrix of refreshes we need to do.  

My question is this..  Is there a way or a framework out there that can handle autofreshing other forms.

For example.  If we have a customers table in memory and form1/grid is binded to a linq query off of that table and  then we have form2/grid binded to a linq query off of that table as well (but a different subset), and then I update grid1, thus updating the customers table object, and if I did that an auto notification would get sent out to all queries that are joined to that table?Or do I really have to keep this matrix of what to refresh? 

The problem is my app is very similiar to having multiple related worksheets in an excel workbook, but I am not going to relate grids because they can close any form at anytime.  This is what our users want, and it is annoying as hell.

Any help would be grealty appreciated.