Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ToolAreaLeft.Tools index issue
posted

I am building a ribbon using version 2008-1.  I have a popupmenutool (called "Setup")in my application menu.  

When you go into the Custom Property Pages on the Ribbon you can drill down into the Application menu tools.  They are numbered starting with zero.  I am assuming this is the index (can anyone verify that?).   I also have a key on each tool.

When I code the statement : Dim SetupSelect As PopupMenuTool = Me.URM_iNet.Ribbon.ApplicationMenu.ToolAreaLeft.Tools(5)

I expected it to get the index number "5".   I didn't get the "Setup" tool (index 5).    I got the one before it, which is index "4".

When I code the statement: Dim SetupSelect As PopupMenuTool = Me.URM_iNet.Ribbon.ApplicationMenu.ToolAreaLeft.Tools("Setup")

I did get the "Setup" tool.

Is the ToolAreaLeft.Tools(5) supposed to be index number 5 or what?  Is this a bug?

I will try to attach a print screen of the Custom Property Pages to help you understand what I am talking about.

Wish there was an easier way to drill down into the submenus of the Application Menu....if there are any docs on this I would like to see them.

Thanks,

Duane  

Ribbon-Custom Property Pages.zip
Parents
No Data
    posted

Yes, the numbers next to each tool are the indexes for each tool in the collection. It could be a bug that the wrong tool is being returned, although I would think this would have been reported by now, so it's possible the application is doing something incorrectly to modify the collection of tools before it is accessed. In either case, I would recommend submitting a sample which reproduces the issue to the support group: http://es.infragistics.com/gethelp.

Children
No Data