Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraDropDown and WinGrid
posted

Hello,

I'm trying to add an UltraDropDown to allow the user to pick specific values for a cell from a list. It works fine if I define the ValueList at the Cell level but I was thinking it would be more efficient to do it at the column level:

InitializeLayoutImpl( object sender_, InitializeLayoutEventArgs args_ )
    {
      UltraDropDown udd = new UltraDropDown();
      udd.DataSource = "ColumnName";
      args_.Layout.Bands[ 0 ].Columns[ "ColumnName" ].ValueList = udd;
    }

However, whenever I do this, I get the below exception:

1 19 18:05:39 ebbit190960d [5344,OMWP] 167 Error Concord/Host/2.5.0.38374 [3904] [ Error invoking click handler, Exception='System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand.WireDataSource()
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBand.InitListManager(BindingManagerBase bindingManager, String dataMember, UltraGridBand[ oldBands)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridLayout.ListManagerUpdated(BindingManagerBase bindingManager)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridLayout.ListManagerUpdated()
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBase.Set_ListManager(Object newDataSource, String newDataMember)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridBase.set_DataSource(Object value)

I'm assuming this has something to do with defining this binding on summary columns where it wouldn't make sense or the like...so I'm just wondering if this useage is supported or if I should be setting this at the cell level each time.

Thanks