Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Merged cells in RowLayout mode
posted

Hello,

I'm trying to create a grid with 2 lines of headers, like the following:

|---------------------------       column 1         ---------------------------| 

|---   column 2   ---| |---   column 3   ---| |---    column 4    ---|

Now, I understand that for this to work, I need to activate RowLayout mode, which is fine. The problem is that I also want to merge the rows of data in the grid, and as soon as I set the RowLayout to place columns on a 2nd header row, the merge no longer works for data rows. In fact, I've placed a custom MergedCellEvaluator on the columns and I can tell by putting a break point in it's ShouldCellsBeMerged function that it's not even called at all when the RowLayout is spread on multiple header rows. 

It's important to mention, also, that in my example, column 1 is a LabelOnly unbound column. So, in this case, it remains logical for the data rows to be merged, even if the header is spread on 2 rows.

Any suggestions as to how to make this work would be greatly appreciated. As it stands, I'm forced to look into faking a RowLayout using 2 bands stuck together, which is a bear to make work, and probably won't function as expected.

Thank you for you help. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data