Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Keep UltraCombo drop down list visible
posted

Hello,

I am using a UltraCombo to display a list of names in a drop down grid as matched by user input using AutoCompleteMode = Suggest.  Due to the extremely large amount of names, I am populating the DataSource after the 3rd character typed from a web service.  What I would like to do is keep the drop down list (grid with name details) visible at all times so that the user can see when data is available from an asyncronous call, or that there are no matches to thier input.  When I enter the UltraCombo, I call ToggleDropDown() to display the empty drop down grid and then as data is available from the web service, it shows up in the list after I set the DataSource, which is exactly what I want so far.  The problem is that if I backspace and change the text to something not in the newly populated list, the drop down disappears, and when new data is set to the UltraCombo's DataSource,  its not visible to the user.  If I call ToggleDropDown() when I get a set the DataSource,it shows the grid but it highlights the text input, which the user could still by typing, and could then type over thier existing text.  Is there a way to keep the drop down visible at all times as long as the UltraCombo has the focus?

Thanks for the help,

Rob