Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraCalculatorDropDown value
posted

Hi,

I have a calculator dropdown editor set for a decimal column and I've set  CalculatorDropDownStyle = KeepCurrentValue. When the calculator drop down gets displayed the value from the cell is displayed in the calculator correctly but there are 3 issues:

1) The value in the cell is formatted to 2 decimal places, but in the calculator it shows with a lot more. Eg. 1234.56 (cell) = 1234.560000 (calculator). Is there any way I can trim those extra zeros?

2) I want to highlight the value in the calculator so that pressing any digit button will overwrite the value. At the moment, after entering the calculator and entering a number it gets added to the end of the value (after the 0s). Eg.  1234.56 (cell) = 1234.560000 (calculator) = 1234.45000067 (after pressing 6 and 7). It should clear the existing value and enter 67.

3) I also noticed that when you press the calculator drop down button 3 times in a row the value gets reset to 0.  :S

Thanks

Offline posted

PolarBear2k said:
    1) The value in the cell is formatted to 2 decimal places, but in the calculator it shows with a lot more. Eg. 1234.56 (cell) = 1234.560000 (calculator). Is there any way I can trim those extra zeros?

I tested this out and it seems to work okay for me - there are no trailing 0's, the value in the calculator appears exactly the same as the value in the cell. Are you applying a Format to the column that is rounding off the value for display purposes? 

PolarBear2k said:
    2) I want to highlight the value in the calculator so that pressing any digit button will overwrite the value. At the moment, after entering the calculator and entering a number it gets added to the end of the value (after the 0s). Eg.  1234.56 (cell) = 1234.560000 (calculator) = 1234.45000067 (after pressing 6 and 7). It should clear the existing value and enter 67.

There's no selection in the calculator dropdown, so I don't see any way to do this without clearing the value. 

PolarBear2k said:
    3) I also noticed that when you press the calculator drop down button 3 times in a row the value gets reset to 0.  :S

I could not reproduce this, either. Are you using an old version of the grid? This sounds like it might be a bug in an old version that was already fixed, or maybe some other property setting or something in your code is causing it.