Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can this library perform interop-free Excel calculations?
posted

My application needs to be able to load a Microsoft Excel file. It needs to be able to support all Excel document binary types (.xls files) from Office XP forward, but does not need the newer Office XML format support. My application is currently utilizing Microsoft Excel interop to perform these steps

•  Load Excel document into memory (loaded Excel document has predefined formulas)
  •  Through C# code programmatically read and set cell values
  •  Gather user input from a WinForms based UI
  •  Set cell values based the user input
  •  Allow the formulas in the Excel document to be applied and gather the results into local C# variables
  •  Display the results in the WinForms UI

The forumulas in question are about average in compexity, although some of them make references across multiple worksheets. Before I invest in the latest version of NetAdvantage for WinForms I need to know if it provides this functionality. My purpose for the purchase would be to rid myself of Excel interop (free my end users up from having to have Microsoft Excel installed)

I know this feature was promised as being "coming soon". Is this feature available in the current release?

posted

Yes. All the bullet points can be accomplished with the Excel library. However, it is a known issue that not all Excel functions are supported yet. If you find that one of the functions you need to use is not supported, you can submit the issue as a bug to the support group: http://es.infragistics.com/gethelp. However, most of the more common functions are supported.