Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Wingrid Column using EditorControl does not display text
posted

I have a Wingrid that contains a Parent band and a Child band.  Two columns in the Parent Band are related.  Column 1 displays a list (ultracombo) of locations and Column 2 displays a list (ultracombo) of people names.  If Column 1 displays "Checked Out to", then Column 2 should display a person's name who has the item checked out.  In the grid, it looks like this:

Current Location                  Checked Out To
Checked Out to                   Smith, Joe

The Ultracombo in Column 1 uses a location ID as its ValueMember and location description as its DisplayMember.  It references an Ultracombo in the EditorControl property.

The Ultracombo in Column 2 uses a person ID as its ValueMember and name as its DisplayMember.  It references an Ultracombo in the EditorControl property.

The proper values are being displayed in the Parent Band in the grid.  Oddly enough, this is NOT the case with the Child band.  The Child band is displaying "Checked Out to", but is NOT displaying the associated person's name.  It appears to me that the Key name (used in the UltraGridcolumn) matches the column name referenced in the Fill method for the associated data table.  What else may be causing this to not display?  (I verified there is a person ID tied to the "Checked Out to" value in the database.)  

Offline posted

cpalko said:
    The Ultracombo in Column 1 uses a location ID as its ValueMember and location description as its DisplayMember.  It references an Ultracombo in the EditorControl property.

The Ultracombo in Column 2 uses a person ID as its ValueMember and name as its DisplayMember.  It references an Ultracombo in the EditorControl property.

This probably isn't related to the problem, but why use an UltraCombo for this? It would be more efficient to use an UltraDropDown as the column's ValueList - unless you need to use an editor because you want editor buttons or need a DataFilter.

HOWTO:What is the best way to place a DropDown list in a grid cell?

cpalko said:

The proper values are being displayed in the Parent Band in the grid.  Oddly enough, this is NOT the case with the Child band.  The Child band is displaying "Checked Out to", but is NOT displaying the associated person's name.  It appears to me that the Key name (used in the UltraGridcolumn) matches the column name referenced in the Fill method for the associated data table.  What else may be causing this to not display?  (I verified there is a person ID tied to the "Checked Out to" value in the database.)  

Anyway... does the child band have the same columns as the parent band? Are you assigning the same UltraCombo controls to the columns in the child band that you are using for the parent band? 

There is no difference between parent bands and child bands as regards a dropdown list. There's nothing extra or different that you have to do in a child band. So there must be something in the code that is missing or incorrect for this not to work.