Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Non-synchronized columns in synchronized sizing grid?
posted

I have a grid w/ 2 bands that (via feature picker) is set to Column Sizing > Allow > Synchronized. Both bands have the exact same columns so the alignment is spot on when taking this approach. The first column has to be sized a little smaller in the child band in order to compensate with the default indentation that is applied to nested bands. Is there any way to not synchronize the alignment of the first column, and start the synchronization at column 2?

I might be approaching this problem the wrong way so here is basically what I want as an end result... By default, the ultraGrid provides row numbering capabilities which can appear in the row selector. The numbering system I am using is custom so I have to come up with my own way of showing a numeric value in the row selector. My way of accomplishing this was to add a new public readonly property to my databound object model, and set that to be the first column (trying to impersonate the visual aspect of the row selector). The problem with this is in the synchronized column sizing grid I end up with "row selectors" that arent the same size.

An alternative approach I read elsewhere would be to push a textual draw filter into the row selector. Is this recommended over what I am trying to do above?

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
No Data