Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
ToolbarManager Ribbon merging
posted

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help with an issue I'm having with the ToolbarManager Ribbons.

We are developing an MDI application and have a common ToolbarManager control on the parent MDI form. We also have a child form which uses the UltraTabControl and would like to enable and disable a specific Ribbon tab when a particular UltraTabControl tab is selected.

Currently I have Office2007Compatibility enabled and am letting the ToolbarManager do all merging automatically. I have tried setting the Visible property of the RibbonTab but this only seems to take effect prior to the form being displayed. If the property is set false before the form displays the RibbonTab will be invisible but changing the property later will not make it appear, the reverse is also true.

Many thanks,

Andy.

Parents
No Data
    posted

I believe this is intentional because the Office 2007 UI Guidelines state that the content of the ribbon should not change except when hiding or showing contextual tab group. You can try to use these contextual tab groups in the ribbon, or you can turn off Office2007UICompatibility.

Children
No Data